Sunday, 4 April 2010

Stuff I've Been Digging

Sorry for the lack of posting recently, but I've been real busy y'see.

Anyway, here's a pretty self explanatory entry. Three albums that I'm vibing on at the moment. Blam.

1. Jan Jelinek - Loop-Finding-Jazz-Records (~Scape, 2001)


Real deep, sublime, glitchy clicks'n'cuts stuff. Nothing really happens. But that's a good thing; Jelinek layers the tiniest hints of melody over fuzzed-out synth washes, snippets of percussion and a thick haze of ambience.

Listen to it HERE

2. Xasthur - Telepathic with the Deceased (Moribund Records, 2004)


Gotta admit that I don't listen to a huge deal of ambient black metal. Or any black metal. So when I describe this as the best ambient black metal album I've heard in a while try not to get too excited. But it's a doozy: everything sounds really tinny (in a good way) or kinda embarrassing (in a good way). Ok, the vocals aren't great, but fuck vocals. Who needs vocals when you've got Burzum meets My Bloody Valentine meets Cluster?

Listen to it HERE

3. Life Without Buildings - Any Other City (Tugboat, 2000)


You don't need me to tell you how good Life Without Buildings were do you. Everyone knows. Been hammering 'Sorrow' recently, shit, even the Mitchell bro's would shed a tear to this at 3am.

No comments:

Post a Comment